(Skin shown is ‘Gatekeeper Galio’)
A long time ago, man named Durand created various sentinel’s to guard villages from the ruthless Noxus attacks. But for himself, he had a personal sentinel named Galio. After Durand passed, Galio had no purpose until a young yordle passed by his master’s abode. The yordle was headed towards the city of Demacia, and Galio followed her finding a purpose in his being once more.
Passive: Runic Skin
- Galio converts 50% of his MR into AP.
Q: Resolute Smite
- Galio fires a blast from his eyes, dealing AoE magic damage dealing 80/135/190/245/300 (+60% Ability Power) to enemies near the impact location, and reducing their Movement Speed by 24/28/32/36/40% for 2.5 seconds.
- Galio shields an ally Champion (increasing their armor and MR), and heals for each hit targeted Champion is dealt.
-Shield: 30/45/60/75/90 MR & Armor
-Healed for 25/40/55/70/85 (+30% Ability Power). (-20% healing for each consecutive hit)
E: Righteous Gust
- Galio blows air into a target direction. ALL allies moving in the direction gains movement speed, and ALL enemies (excluding structures) are dealt magic damage.
-Enemy Damage: 60/105/150/195/240 (+50% Ability Power)
-Ally Movespeed: 20/28/36/44/52%.
R: Idol of Durand
- Galio channels for 2 seconds. During the channel, Galio taunts all enemies in a wide circle around him. Galio absorbs a percent of the damage and takes reduced damage during the channel. After the channel, Galio releases the energy dealing magic damage based off of: Damage taken, and AP.
-Damage % ignored: 50%
-Damage % converted into damage: 10% up to 360/540/720 (+108% Ability Power)
-AP ratio: 200/300/400 (+60% Ability Power)
Galio is typically played as a support tank, but has the damage potential of a mid laner. His Q costs a lot of mana, but deals massive damage if hit consecutively by it. Going tanky, and getting MR items really help ramp up the unexpected damage from this tank.
Tips & Tricks:
- Make sure you W before you use your ultimate, that way you get the full effects of both spells
- Use your W often if you are up against a poke comp
- Your E is a great escape and chase mechanic
- Galio feels pretty slow, make sure you get boots early
- Mana, get some mana for this mana-hungry tank
(All content belongs to Riot Games)