Using Gnar’s lore from Riot, we are actually in the viewpoint of Rengar (The Pride Stalker). He is hunting for his mortal enemy Kha’Zix, when he stumbles upon Gnar. Unknowing the power of the ancient yordle, Rengar throws its boomerang out of it’s reach, and unleashes the anger within it.
Passive: Rage Gene
- Being in combat, attacking, or being damaged, adds to Gnar’s rage meter. When reached max, after 5 seconds or casting an ability Gnar transforms into Mega Gnar.
- While in either form Gnar gains different stats:
Gnar: Base movement increase, attack speed increase, and range
Mega Gnar: Bonus health, armor, mag. resist, health regen, and base AD
Q: Boomerang Throw/Boulder Toss
- Gnar: Gnar throws his boomerang, dealing physical damage to all enemies hit and slowing them for 2 seconds. Enemies beyond the first take only half damage, and each enemy can only be damaged once. Upon striking an enemy/reaching maximum range, the boomerang returns in Gnar’s general direction. If Gnar catches it, Boomerang Throw’s cooldown is reduced. (45/50/55/60% reduced)Physical Damage: 5 / 35 / 65 / 95 / 125 (+ 115% AD)
Slow %: 15 / 20 / 25 / 30 / 35%
- Mega Gnar: Gnar hurls a boulder in selected direction. The boulder stops at first enemy hit, and has splash damage to surrounding enemies struck by the boulder. If Gnar can pick the boulder back up the cooldown is reduced by 60% ( at all ranks).
Physical Damage: 5 / 45 / 85 / 125 / 165 (+ 120% AD)
Slow %: Same as boomerang^
- Gnar, Passive: Gnar’s basic attacks and damaging abilities mark enemies, and stacks up to 3 times. If the enemies reaches 3 stacks, the marks are consumed, and deals magic damage: 10 / 20 / 30 / 40 / 50 (+ 6 / 8 / 10 / 12 / 14% of target’s maximum health) (+ 100% AP). Gnar also gains decaying movement speed boost 30/45/60/75%.
- Mega Gnar, Active: Gnar slams his fists into the ground, dealing damage and stunning all enemies struck. Deals Physical damage: 25 / 45 / 65 / 85 / 105 (+ 100% AD), and enemies are stunned for 1.25 seconds.
- Gnar: Gnar jumps and bounces off an enemy. He deals physical damage:20 / 60 / 100 / 140 / 180 (+ 6% maximum health), slows the target by 80% for 0.5 s, AND gains attack speed 20 / 30 / 40 / 50 / 60%.
- Mega Gnar: Gnar leaps to target location, crushing enemies in a targeted section. This deals the same amount of damage, and slow as Hop, but does NOT give bonus attack speed. (If used at 100 fury, Gnar bounce and landing will both deal damage, but enemies can only be damaged by one.)
- Gnar, Passive : Hyper’s and catching Q’s boomerang cooldown is increased with each rank.
- Mega Gnar, Active: Gnar shoves all enemies in target direction, dealing damaging and slowing them. If the enemies collide with terrain, they take 50% more damage and are stunned instead of slowed. Physical Damage dealt is 200 / 300 / 400 (+ 20% bonus AD)(+ 50% AP), the slow is 45% (at all ranks) and the stun last for 1.25 / 1.5 / 1.75 secs.
Gnar is a very viable champion, he can be built for damage or as a tank. While mini, Gnar deals very strong damage based off of health with Hyper’s Passive. He has a great escape method if played correctly. The extra distance on Bounce, the movement speed boost from Hyper, and the continuous slow from Boomerang Throw. On the other hand as Mega, Gnar has incredible burst damage and CC. He can easily stun 3-5 enemy champions in a team fight, while doing tons of damage. He can also deal long range nukes with Boulder Toss.
Tips & Tricks:
- Make sure you pay attention to Gnar’s fury bar!!
- Be comfortable in playing both forms and the time limit you have as Mega.
- Landing a perfect E-W-R combo, can win team fights.
- Building like a juggernaut (Darius or Garen) is always viable
(All content belongs to Riot Games)