Lore: The Hand of Noxus
Orphaned at a young age, Darius had to fight to keep him and his younger brother, Draaaaven, alive. Soon Darius joined the Noxian army to fight in the war against Demacia. One critical battle against Demacia, the Noxian commanded the troops to retreat. Darius not compelled to this act of cowardice, chops the commander’s head off with one sweep of his axe. The troops then follow Darius back into battle, which they eventually win. After this victory, Darius with the help from Draven and Master Tactician Swain push to unite the broken Noxian continent.
Abilities: (In Order, Across)
Passive: Blood Rage
- Hemorrhage:Darius aims his attacks strategically, causing his target to bleed. This effect deals 9 + (Darius’s level) (+ 30% bonus AD) physical damage over 5 seconds, stacking up to 5 times. If an enemy champion reaches 5 stacks of Hemorrhage or dies to Noxian Guillotine, Darius gains 40-200 AD (based on Darius’ level) and instantly applies 5 stacks of Hemorrhage (for the next 5 seconds).
- Darius readies his axe, after a short delay (0.75 secs) Darius swings his axe in a circle dealing 20 / 35 / 50 / 65 / 80 (+ 50 / 55 / 60 / 65 / 70% AD). Enemies struck with the blade of the axe, are dealt double damage. If enemy champions are struck with the blade of the axe, Darius heals 15% (per champion) and up to 30% of his maximum health.
W: Crippling Strike
- Darius’s next basic attack deals 40% AD bonus physical damage and slows his target by 90% for 1 second. If this kills the targeted unit, Darius is refunded the mana and the cooldown is halved.
- Passive: Darius ignores a percentage of enemy armor. (Gives armor penetration of 5 / 10 / 15 / 20 / 25%)
- Active: Darius pulls in all enemies in target area. Enemies are slowed for 90% for 1 sec. Darius is granted sight if used into a bush.
R: Noxian Guillotine
- Darius jumps into the air, and deals a lethal blow to an enemy champion. This deals true damage and 20% more damage per stack of Hemorrhage. The actual calculations:
- TRUE DAMAGE: 100 / 200 / 300 (+ 75% bonus AD) + BONUS DAMAGE PER STACK: 20 / 40 / 60 (+ 15% bonus AD)
- Also if the champion dies, all minions and monsters will flee for 3 seconds away from the unit, Darius also gets to recast Noxian Guillotine during the next 20 seconds. (At rank 3, the mana cost becomes 0 and the ability entirely resets)
As one of the four new juggarnauts, the play style is easy. You go tanky, and pick up some AD items along the way. Dead man’s Plate and Black Cleaver are needed items on any Darius build. The easiest way to win fights is to come late, and dunk the lowest health enemy. Then you can go and Pentadunk the rest of the enemy team.
May you Dunk like a champ