Bard is a spirit that was created to ‘steer’ all existence away from utter annihilation’ according to the official lore. There is little about Bard’s lore, in game and from Riot.
Passive: Traveller’s Call
- While playing as Bard, chimes will appear on the map. Collect these for XP, mana, a speed boost that stacks, and empowered effects on attacks with meeps.
- Meeps will appear every so often and deal additional magic damage and effects on basic attacks
Q: Cosmic Binding
- Bard shoots a short ray of light. On contact with the first enemy the ray continues to go in desired direction. If it hits another enemy it deals 80/125/170/215/260 (+65% Ability Power) magic damage to both. If the attack only hits one then that unit is slowed for 60% for 1/1.2/1.4/1.6/1.8 second(s). If the ray hits another enemy or collides with a wall, it will stun the unit(s) for 1/1.2/1.4/1.6/1.8 second(s).
W: Caretaker’s Shrine
- Bard places a health pack at a target location. It heals for 30/60/90/120/150 (+20% Ability Power) health. After 10 seconds it empowers increasing the heal to 70/110/150/190/230 (+45% Ability Power). Collecting one grants the user 50% decaying movement speed for 1.5 seconds. Enemy champions can destroy these by walking over it. Only 3 may be on the Rift at once.
E: Magical Journey
- Bard opens a portal through selected terrain. Both ALLIES & ENEMIES, can take a one-way travel through this. Allies travel 10/20/30/40/50% faster than enemies. This is open for 10 seconds. Right-clicking the portal opening should put you through.
R: Tempered Fate
- Bard throws a ball of energy to a target location. ALL UNITS within the radius is put into stasis. This includes: Monsters (Gromp, Wolves, etc), Turrets, Enemy/Ally champions and minions, and also effects Dragon and Baron Nashor. This effect lasts for 2.5 seconds.
As a support champion, Bard does exceptionally well at poking the enemy bot lane. His passive (Meeps) and Q both help him deal damage to enemy champions every so often. Bard players always rely on poking the enemy bot lane, and relying on their ADC/Jungler to come and execute. Bard also does very well in enclosed spaces, due to his stuns on his Q. If you are playing him, focus on trying to stun your enemies, and when you go chime hunting go ward as well. Chimes also replenish mana so go get those when your ADC decides to recall. If you are used to playing support champions like Braum or Shen, practice Bard in custom. Even though he’s fat and squishy, doesn’t mean he is very tanky.
Tips & Tricks:
- Baiting enemy champions on following your Magical Journey is perfect to set up a turn around stun.
- Try to let each ‘Shrine’ empower before having a teammate get it.
- W is good for giving your teammate a speed boost, since the boost is the same, empowered or not
- You can use your ult to disable your turrets, perfect for letting your team catch up and protect it
- Your ult can decide a team fight, use it wisely…
(All content belongs to Riot Games)